LKP GLOBAL LAW, LLP WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT: Please read these Terms and Conditions (these “T&Cs”) carefully before accessing this website. These T&Cs create a legal agreement between you (“You”) and LKP Global Law, LLP (“LKP”) that governs:
(1) the information about LKP (the “Information”) made available through this website;
(2) the nature of the relationship between You and LKP;
(3) certain other matters of professional responsibility;
(4) LKP’s use of Your information gathered by it through this website; and
(5) Your use of this website, related systems, and the Information (collectively, the “Site”).
By accessing any portion of the Site, You are indicating that You have read and understood, and that You assent to be bound by, these T&Cs, which may be amended from time to time by LKP pursuant to the terms herein. If You do not agree to these T&Cs, You are not permitted to access the LKP Site.
1. NO LEGAL ADVICE: The Information is made available for general informational purposes only, and is not intended to constitute specific legal advice or to be a substitute for advice from qualified counsel. Without limiting the foregoing, the Information may not reflect recent developments in the law, may not be complete, and may not be accurate in or applicable to Your jurisdiction. Because the Information is general in nature and may not pertain to Your specific circumstances, You should not act or refrain from acting based on any Information without first obtaining advice from professional counsel qualified in the applicable subject matter and jurisdictions.
2. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: LKP has a policy of entering into attorney-client relationships with its clients only in accordance with certain procedures which include executing an engagement agreement and addressing professional responsibility conflicts as required by the State Bar of California and the bar association of such other states in which LKP maintains offices or its attorneys are licensed to practice. You agree that Your access of the Site or receipt of the Information, or Your transmission of electronic mail to addresses on the Site, does not create an attorney-client relationship between You and LKP.
3. NO ADVERTISING OR SOLICIATION: The LKP Site is not intended to be an advertisement or solicitation, but may be deemed an advertisement in certain jurisdictions.
4. AUTHORIZED JURIDICTION; CERTIFICATIONS: While LKP practices law in the jurisdictions in which its offices are located and attorneys are licensed, each LKP attorney is licensed to practice only in those jurisdictions set forth in that attorney’s biography on the Site. Except as specifically stated, each LKP attorney is not certified (including as a specialist) by any professional or government authority. The listing of LKP attorneys in practice groups is not intended to indicate any professional or governmental certification.
5. NO WARRANTY OF RESULTS: The Information may contain descriptions of matters in which LKP successfully represented its clients. The results of these matters were dependent on their specific circumstances, and are in no way intended to be predictive of future results, even in similar circumstances, or offer any type of guarantee or assurance of outcome. Information pertaining to LKP clients may not reflect the opinions such clients.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES: LKP may hyperlink to or otherwise make third party information available on the Site. This is done solely for the purposes of convenience. LKP does not endorse or approve of any such third party information or such third parties. Although the Site may contain links to certain third party websites, LKP is not responsible for the privacy practices of, any third party websites to which the Site hyperlinks. Certain areas of the Site may be subject to additional privacy elated provisions, links to which will be posted in those areas.
7. PROHIBITED USES: By using the Site, You agree that You will not use the Site in violation of any applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, You will not use the Site in connection with (a) the infringement of intellectual property rights including LKP’s rights in its marks and its articles and alerts; (b) the unauthorized transmission of unsolicited commercial electronic mail; (c) the transmission of defamatory materials; or (d) fraud. Additionally, You agree that You will not violate, attempt to violate, or knowingly facilitate the violation of the security (including access control or authentication systems) or integrity of the Site.
8. COPYRIGHT. The Site, including the Information, is protected by United States and international copyright laws. All rights are reserved. © 2017 LKP Global Law, LLP
9. LIMITED LICENSE. LKP grants to You a limited, nonexclusive, personal license to access, view, download and print the Information solely for noncommercial and informational purposes. You may not modify the Information in any way and You may not remove or obscure any copyright or permission notices provided on or in connection with the Information. LKP does not grant to You any rights in its marks. You are free to hyperlink to any page in the publicly available pages of the Site; provided, however, that You agree to remove any such hyperlink upon LKP’s written request.
10. ELECTRONIC MAIL. You may send electronic mail to those addresses made available on the Site for the purposes of requesting information, submitting voluntary survey responses, responding to or making inquiries regarding LKP events, requesting information regarding LKP or legal or other services offered by LKP, and inquiring about employment opportunities. You agree to cease sending electronic mail to any LKP address upon LKP’s request.
11. DISCLAIMER. THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS.” YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW AND RULES OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION, LKP (INCLUDING ALL OF ITS PARTNERS, ASSOCIATES, ATTORNEYS AND STAFF MEMBERS) DISCLAIMS ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OPERATION. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW AND RULES OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION, LKP DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR INCOME, LOST BUSINESS, OR LOST DATA, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE SITE.
12. MISCELLANEOUS. You agree that any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Site or these T&Cs will be governed by the laws of the State of California without reference to conflict of laws principles that would require the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction, and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California. In the event that You gain access to information not intended to be accessed by You, You agree that You will immediately notify LKP and lawfully destroy all copies of such information in Your possession. LKP may be contacted at email@example.com.
1. ACTIVITY LOGGING. When You use the Site, which may be hosted in part or its entirety by a third party, the Site will collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of “cookies” or Your “IP address”) about Your activities. LKP uses this activity information (the “Activity Information”) for internal purposes such as to administer the Site, improve the Site, and help LKP understand how the Site is being used including the demographics and “clickstreams” of its visitors. “Cookies” are small pieces of information stored on Your hard drive, not on the Site. You are always free to decline cookies if Your browser permits, but in that case, some portions of the Site may not operate properly.
2. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. The Site is designed so that You may generally browse it without providing any Personally Identifiable Information (defined below). Certain areas of the Site, however, may require or allow the voluntarily submission of Personally Identifiable Information (for example, e-mail inquiries or registration to receive LKP publications or to attend LKP events). LKP uses Your Personally Identifiable Information for the purposes for which it was submitted by You to LKP and for LKP to send You publications and invitations that may be of interest to You. Except as otherwise set forth in this Section 2, LKP does not share Your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties. “Personally Identifiable Information” means information that would allow someone to identify or contact You, such as Your name, physical or electronic mail address, and telephone number; provided, however, that Personally Identifiable Information does not include aggregated information that, by itself, does not permit the identification of individual persons and does not include the Activity Information. LKP will use reasonable efforts to remove Your Personally Identifiable Information from our then current Site at any time upon Your written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such removal of Personally Identifiable Information will not ensure the permanent removal of such Personally Identifiable Information from the Site. For example, such Personally Identifiable Information may remain in LKP’s archival or backup copies of the Site.
4. For California Users of the Site: This website is not presently configured to respond to Do-No-Track signals from web browsers or mobile devices.
5. FOR LKP CLIENTS ONLY: If You are an existing client of LKP, the purpose of this notice is to explain what LKP will be doing with the financial information You provide to it, and the ways that it will protect Your privacy. LKP may collect nonpublic personal information about You that is provided by You or obtained by LKP in the course of providing You with legal services that You have requested. This information, in some cases, includes information about Your personal finances and property. LKP may disclose nonpublic personal information about You only to individuals or entities necessary in order to provide You with the legal services that You have requested. For instance, LKP staff may have access to Your nonpublic personal information in order for it to efficiently provide You with the legal services You have requested. In some situations, we may provide information to another organization (such as Your accountant, Your insurance company or other authorized agents acting on Your behalf) in order to obtain information or assist in providing the legal services You have requested. LKP will not disclose any nonpublic personal information about You to anyone, except as is necessary in order to provide You with the legal services that You have requested. If for any reason You do not want LKP to provide nonpublic personal information about You to other parties in the course of providing You with legal services, You may direct LKP not to make those disclosures. If You wish to direct LKP not to disclose information, please call the attorney representing You. In order to guard Your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the Code of Professional Responsibility that governs our profession. Please call the attorney representing You with any questions that You have about protecting Your privacy.
If You are not an existing client of LKP, the foregoing notices do not apply to You and Your interactions are governed by the designated section below.
6. FOR NON-CLIENTS OF LKP: If You are not an existing client of LKP and choose to provide LKP with personal information about yourself, by sending us e-mail or filling out our Contact form, we may collect and use that information to contact You or to send You additional information. We may also collect information that Your browser provides to us regarding Your use of the Site, including time of visit, duration, and areas of interest. We may use this information to identify levels and areas of interest in LKP which enables LKP to improve and refine the content of the Site. LKP does not sell any of this personal information to third parties. Please remember that if You are not an existing client of LKP, any communication You send to LKP will not be treated as confidential unless You have prior authorization from one of our attorneys. Even if You receive such authorization, we cannot guarantee the security of Your electronic communication. Therefore, You should consider other means of sending confidential or sensitive information to LKP. Although LKP uses security to protect any personal or confidential information disclosed on the Site, LKP does not guarantee that such security will protect against, and LKP expressly disclaims any liability for, any loss, misuse, or modification of such personal or confidential information.
7. INTERNATIONAL USERS: The Site is exclusively hosted in the United States. If You are user accessing the Site from the European Union, Australia, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, please note that You are transferring Your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as such other regions. User information (including Personally Identifiable Information or “personal data” as defined by foreign laws) collected through the Site may be stored and processed in the United States, and by using the Site, You consent to any such transfer of information outside of Your home country.